Friday, April 30, 2010

Coming Out in College

I just wanted to share a great collection of stories about queer girls coming out:

http://jezebel.com/5527206/when-i-came-out-three-girls-tell-their-stories-about-being-gay-in-college

A lot of these stories struck a chord with me on a personal level, other parts would strike a chord with the character I created for Peers for Pride. These aren't all sad stories. There's a lovely story about a girl in a sorority who had a great time coming out. I wish that everyone had such an easy time.

Summer is fast approaching, but finals are looming and some of us have struggles that aren't going to end in the next few weeks. I hope that we can see a time where sexuality is seen as just one small facet of an entire human being, not a part that should be fixed or ignored or reviled.


No comments:

Post a Comment