Thursday, April 22, 2010

Who knew....??

So, whilst surfing the net I found some piece of news I would like to share with ya'll. This story is about my pseudo-hometown of Fort Worth, Texas. Here's the link if you want to read it for yourself it's very short:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/11/11/Fort_Worth_Bans_Trans_Discrimination

The City Council voted to extend their non-discrimination policy to include "transgender" people. (I wonder how exactly everything is worded?) But basically, the article says that this was one of the easiest ways the City Council saw to smooth over the bar raid awhile back. I say while that is true, it's still progress. Small. But progress nonetheless.

And I've heard that the new DSM has made changes to it's Trans section. It's still listed of course, but changes have been made. Progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment