Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chick-fil-GAY???

Hello there, I'm Gerardo. Although you have (or not) met me as Jerry. You'll see me posting some personal thoughts and beliefs about stuff that happens. I'll be happy to hear your thoughts as well so please comment away :)

So there has been some (if not a lot) of controversy about this industry and it's tasty sandwich but more importantly about it's seemingly hidden agenda. In case you have not heard I direct you to this article (which probably does a better job explaining it than me) Here check it out. The short version is that Chick-fil-A has been providing resources to anti-gay organizations.
I personally think that at the beginning of this issue the company was very smart about handling its official statement to the media. However, as I personally thought about it more and more I was able to see that giving food to these anti-gay organizations is the same as if the company was giving money to them. They claim that is just food, but if there is something I can say is this: I'm a college student, I'm poor and food costs money. I mean come on, it's hard to decline a free lunch.....well at least for me it is!. That's my personal connection to this issue. So what are your feelings about this? Would it impact what are you going to have for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment